Auto/Auto IF-ISA 1%, 2% or 3% Cashback Boost (T&C’s apply)

Don't invest unless you're prepared to lose money. This is high-risk investment. You may not be able to access your money easily and are unlikely to be protected if something goes wrong. Take 2 minutes to learn more

Deceased Investor

When you lose someone close to you, it is a highly stressful time for those left behind, and sorting out finances is usually one of the last things on a bereaved person’s mind. Kuflink acknowledges these difficult circumstances and is therefore committed to making the required dealings as simple and straightforward as possible for you.

While it is a difficult time, Kuflink also has a responsibility to ensure that we only take instructions from a person that is authorised to deal with matters on behalf of the deceased investor’s Estate and to ensure that we are not releasing information/funds to a person without entitlement. With this in mind, we will require some Identification from the executor/executrix for the deceased.

When informing us of a death of an investor we will need the following.

* Kindly post the following documents to 21 West Street Gravesend, Kent DA110BF.

* Use post or to send the following documents to us.

Deceased Investor

Any personal data that is provided to us will be processed in accordance with applicable laws and regulations, including the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). Our privacy notice provides more information about how we use the personal data and can be found on our website or is available upon request.

What options do you have with
Funds in Account?

Wallet Funds

In the event that the deceased Investor has funds held in his/her wallet, these funds will be sent to the nominated bank account held on account. If this bank account is no longer active, executor/executrix will need to provide bank account details (Statement) to a member of the Investor Relations team. All funds will then be sent to this bank account once verified.

In the case of live investments, there are 3 options:

Live Investments

IF ISA Investment

If the deceased investor holds an IF-ISA investment, we can arrange for a surviving spouse or civil partner’s yearly ISA subscription be increased by the value of the deceased’s IF-ISA investment with Kuflink but they will also need to have a Kuflink IF-ISA investment.

You will need to complete the below form in order to do this, please contact our Investor relations team if you have any queries on this.

Additional permitted subscription form

Helpful documents

Deceased investor- Glossary of Legal and
other common terms explained

This is the person(s) appointed by the High Court to administer the Estate of the deceased where a person died without having made a valid Will or where someone other than an Executor applies for a Grant of Representation.

This is the person(s) appointed by the High Court to administer the Estate of the deceased where a person died without having made a valid Will or where someone other than an Executor applies for a Grant of Representation.

A statement of the interest charged or earned on an account over a certain period of time.

A copy of a primary document that has an endorsement or certificate that it is a true copy of the primary document. This document can only be certified by a solicitor or AIB bank official.

A document issued by the Registrar of Births, Deaths and Marriages certifying the death of a person. (If the deceased held accounts in a number of institutions it may be beneficial to obtain a number of copies from the Registrar).

All assets belonging to the deceased at the time of his/her death.

An Executor is the person whom the deceased nominated in their Will to administer his/her Estate. An Executor is the person entitled to extract the Grant of Probate to the Estate of the deceased and wind up the estate.

If the deceased died intestate (without having made a valid Will), the Probate Office will issue a document called a Grant of Letters of Administration Intestate. The Grant of Letters of Administration Intestate names the Administrator(s) who have been appointed to administer the Estate of the deceased.

If the deceased died testate (having made a valid Will) and the Executor(s) are prepared to act, the Probate Office will issue a document called a Grant of Probate. The Grant of Probate will state the name(s) of the Executor(s) of the Estate.

A generic term and can refer to any of the following types of grants which would be issued by the Probate Office e.g. a Grant of Probate, a Grant of Administration Intestate, amongst others.

Where a person dies without having made a valid Will, he/she is said to have died intestate.

A person’s closest living blood relative or relatives.

This term can be used for both Executors and Administrators.

Where a person dies having made a valid Will.

A document where a person outlines their wishes for the distribution of his/her assets after their death.

Frequently asked

How do I get a death certificate?

The death certificate is issued by the Registrar of Births, Deaths, and Marriages. When you register a death, you can apply for same. Please see our Useful Contacts section for details of how to obtain a death certificate.

What does an executor do?

An executor is a person named in the deceased’s will to carry out his/her instructions on death. There may be more than one executor. Their job is to apply for the Grant of Probate, Read More

What if there is a Will?

If the person who has died leaves a Will, the person or people named as executors act as personal representatives of the person who has died and take legal responsibility for carrying out the instructions Read More

What if there is no will?

If somebody dies without a valid will, they are said to have died “intestate”. An administrator is appointed in this case. The estate of the deceased typically passes to the deceased person’s next of Read More

Do I need to obtain the services of a solicitor?

Only you can decide how much help you may need. This may depend on the size of the estate and the type of assets of the deceased. Larger and more complex estates may need more professional support.

What is Probate?

It is a formal legal process which authorises someone to deal with a deceased person’s estate (that is, property, money, and other possessions owned by the deceased at the date of death). Read More

How long does it take to release the funds in a deceased account?

This depends on the balance in the accounts and our requirements. If a Grant of Representation is required, this process will take longer. Your solicitor or the Probate Office can advise you on how long this will take. Read More