Kuflink CEO in conversation with Laurence from Financial Thing
We never turn down the opportunity of connecting with our community and so, our CEO Narinder Khattoare, did an online interview with Financial Thing. The conversation was live on YouTube and there were questions coming in from people watching along with questions from Laurence.
The Financial Thing blog is an unbiased Peer to Peer Lending Reviewer and DIY Investor. He has reviewed Kuflink for the last 3 years, and has awarded Kuflink a 4 star (out of 5) on 28th January 2021.
Let’s look at some of the topics covered by Laurence and Narinder’s Live Stream.
- Kuflink started as a short term bridging lender back in 2011 and we have grown rapidly since then, we started with loans of around £50k and when Narinder joined in 2013 the plan was to grow this further and have loans in the region of £250k-£300k.
- The founders of the business have many years experience in property development but it is good to have a mix of experience within the business. Narinder comes from the alternative lending market and has also worked in the insurance industry, Nattalie has 30 years of banking experience and sits on the credit committee and also heads up the Collections team, Pete brings a lot of property development knowledge (also on credit committee) and we have John in the business who is a RICS surveyor and he also sits on one of the credit committees.
- We have a strong vetting process for all the deals we do and have two credit committees, one on the origination side of the business and one on the peer to peer side. The peer to peer committee will vet all the deals before they go onto the platform for our investors.
- Kuflink interest rates have always been fairly standard in the market with an offering up to 7.2%*. We have seen many companies crash because they promised double digit returns to investors which for us is just not feasible, we have no plans to either increase or decrease our rates at the moment.
- Kuflink’s goal always has been to do something different from the competition. So, we co-invest up to 5%* of our own funds in every Select Invest loan, we are always the first ones to invest and the last ones to leave the deals. We support our investors all the way.
- We have had some investors where their money is held in deals for longer than first anticipated but we do our best to ensure that no one loses their money and to date no investor has lost a penny.
- We are always looking for ways to improve our service and welcome the feedback we get.
It’s been overwhelming to see the support we got from the viewers. We got to answer so many questions and received a lot of love and support. Head over to Financial Thing YouTube channel to watch the video.
*Capital is at risk and Kuflink is not protected by the FSCS. Past returns should not be used as a guide to future performance. Securing investments against UK property does not guarantee that your investments will be repaid and returns may be delayed. Tax rules apply to IF ISAs and SIPPs and may be subject to change. Kuflink does not offer any financial or tax advice in relation to the investment opportunities that it promotes.