Kuflink’s new features for February 2022
January has been a busy month for us, with many new Feature releases and updates to our previous releases. We hope you enjoy them as much as we have enjoyed building them.
Quote for February 2022
“Going the extra mile. Render more and better service than that for which you are paid, and sooner or later you will receive compound interest on compound interest from your investment. The most successful people are those who serve the greatest number of people.” – 10 of 17. Napoleon Hill’s 17 Principles of Success. (To see previous Napoleon Hill’s 17 Principles of Success please refer to previous CTO blogs).
1) Released! View which deals are compounded
You can now see, at a glance, which deals you have compounded and which you have not in your portfolio. Simply head to your Portfolio to view.
2) Released! Buy and sell IF-ISA on the secondary market.
You’ve always been able to sell your Select Invest loan parts on the secondary market, should you wish to (for more detail, visit the marketplace here). But now, you are also able to buy and sell Select IF-ISA loans too.
3) Released! Wallet Balance now shows the total of all Wallets.
Due to the release of new wallets:
1) General Wallet;
2) ISA Current Wallet; and
3) ISA Previous wallet
We have updated the top right wallet balance to now include the total of all wallets.
4) Released! Upgrade to our AML/KYC software
We work closely with our AML/KYC partners and have just released a new version for “Know Your Client” checks. Please note that you can either upload your ID documents via an SMS link through your mobile or UPLOAD documents via Desktop.
Now we also accept Residence Permits
5) Released! New Dashboard Totals
Due to client requests, we have just released a new “Total Investments” figure, a new “Total Reserve” figure to include Select Invest Reserve and Select IF-ISA Reserve totals, and a “Select IF-ISA Reserve” figure.
6) Released! You can re-term your Auto and IF-ISA investments on the platform before they expire
You can now re-term your IF-ISA and Auto-investments up to 190 days prior to their expiry. When multiple investments mature close together, especially at the end of the financial year, it can be a hectic time so you can now re-term early and know that your investments will continue to earn you interest. It takes just a few mouse clicks.
7) Released! Pool Investment Live loan Amount Break-down has been upgraded.
The real-time Pool “Breakdown” per Auto or Auto IF-ISA investment which showed unallocated cash, loan updates, default section, now has a downloadable report function, in the Portfolio section.
8) Released! The Audited Accounts page has had a face-lift.
In January 2022 we released our latest, 5th year of Independently Audited accounts for the platform, for period-ending 30th June 2021. We decided to upgrade the page for you with links to previously independently audited accounts for all the regulated companies and the main Group company. Click here to view the page.
1) Coming Soon! We are in the process of showing images of how our development loans are progressing.
This is part of the new features to show where each development loan is in regards to our new 7 phases of development – work has started.
3) Coming Soon! A NEW segregated SIPP wallet – development has started. A SIPP is Self Invested Personal Pension, which will be done in partnership with Morgan Lloyd (a Specialist in Self-Invested Pensions).
4) Coming Soon! A NEW Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) page is being built, to show information such as sponsorships, funds and time allocated to charities, Taxes paid, Green property developments funded, Governance committees established, etc. We will also show some of Kuflinks Key performance indicators (KPI’s) to demonstrate our adherence to the New Consumer Duty coming in the 3rd quarter of 2022.
5) Coming Soon! Pre-notification system for Bank transfers to the Kuflink wallet. We have nearly completed this system where you can advise us of any bank transfers that you have made on the day. This will assist us in updating our systems to expect funds from you.
1) Update! We have completed our first Consumer Duty Survey and the results were amazing. But we have also taken on board some of your suggestions, some of which has been released already and some will come through shortly. We are most grateful to all those who took part, as together we are fulfilling our purpose to “connect people to financial freedom”.
2) Update! We have connected our Open banking platform to our P2P Platform successfully, to enable bank transfers to be immediately updated to Kuflink client wallets. We are still working with NatWest in regards to NatWest to NatWest transfers which are still manually uploaded. But we are hopeful this will be resolved by our next Tech Blog update.
Chief Technical Officer’s (CTO) thoughts for February 2022
We have been lending money secured on property, for 10 years (since 2011), and have operated an online electronic Peer to Peer platform for 5 years (since 2016). We have just launched an Open banking Platform this year (2022). Throughout this period, Kuflink has ensured no investor has lost a penny thanks to our:
- Experienced Underwriting team;
- RICS approved valuers;
- SRA approved Solicitors;
- Credit committees (with developers, valuers, and bankers experience);
- Experienced Collections Team; and
- Experienced Board of Directors.
We are excited about the future and are now looking into applying tech to a variety of data sources to empower our due diligence, underwriting and monitoring processes. Artificial intelligence (AI) is the next frontier for lending and we have started building support algorithms to help us predict future trends based on historical data (implicit and explicit). As we grow, we intend technology to stay at par with all our processes/controls – Due diligence, Collections, Compliance, Risk and Control frameworks and Operational resilience.
*Capital is at risk and Kuflink is not protected by the FSCS. Past returns should not be used as a guide to future performance. Securing investments against UK property does not guarantee that your investments will be repaid and returns may be delayed. Tax rules apply to IF ISAs and SIPPs. Tax treatment depends on the individual circumstances of each client and may be subject to change in future. Kuflink does not offer any financial or tax advice in relation to the investment opportunities that it promotes. Please read our risk statement for full details.